"Am i myself..??"





I close the door.. I grab a chair. I look up in the mirror..

I see a silhouette, unrecognizable, peering through.. I dont see the beady eyes... I dont see the pursed lips..

Am i sad? I aint happy..


I dont feel the expressions.. I dont see a smile.. I dont feel an anguish.. The hair aren't strewn..

Am i awake? I aint in slumber..


I dont see an attire.. I dont see any prints..They appear eroded, faded.. Covered with ebony soot as if..

Am i achromatic? I aint much vibrant..


I dont like those lights.. They spread the luminance around.. Why waste it? I dont like sunlight.. Revealing the numbness..

Am i insecure? I aint much confident..


I like the night.. When its dark.. No soul breathes around.. Breathes under my neck.. Lets me be free.. To forage around.. Spread my wings..

Am i nocturnal? I aint luminiferous..


I am a mere reflection.. I dont feel your dismay, your shame.. I dont enjoy your ecstasy, your success..

Am i myself? I aint a stranger..



I do comprehend my consternation.. I want to be free.. I want exoneration..

From your soul.. From your guilt.. From YOUR world..

Who am i?

I am your SHADOW.. Your night shadow..

Comments

i want to be... said…
well written dude...good words used which reflect ur state of mind and convey ur expressions beautifully...
Ships said…
Well written...Nice rhetorics... does certainly reflect despair...
Anurag said…
thnx for the appreciation guys.. its heartening to see even my random thoughts evoke applause..:)
prachi said…
nice one!mind conflicts and dismay is beautifully portrayed!
Anurag said…
thanx prachi..:) its nice to see u here.. start posting..:)
Shalina said…
so a great snapshot f that phase u wer talking abt...cud relate to a lot f those emotions..

"I am a mere reflection.. I dont feel your dismay, your shame.. I dont enjoy your ecstasy, your success.." well written

Popular posts from this blog

Our Attitude Determines Our Altitude...

Slum+dog+millionaire+india

Do you have the time...?